Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lessons in spinning

This weekend I took up spinning again. From this I have learned several valuable lessons:


  1. The WoolLee Winder is the single best invention in the pursuit of spinning. Bar none. This thing is awesome, smooth, even feeding of yarn onto bobbin, worth every penny.

  2. There is no substitute for a Lazy Kate. No, putting wire through a cardboard box is not a viable substitute. So, I am in search of a Lazy Kate - because I am not going to deal with the alternative again - it sucked.

  3. On my PVC Niddy Noddy - shorter arms would have been better (I am thinking that 4.5" would have been much better than the 6" that I made them. It's an easy fix though)

  4. Although my cats loved playing with the wool - they were good enough not to break up the roving too bad.

  5. I DESPISE the plying head that came with my Lendrum - and will sell it and all the original bobbins as soon as I take a picture of them. The WooLee Winder is that good.



Here is my creation - an entire 3 day weekend spinning and this is what I get 250 yards of what can only generously be called Novelty yarn.

"Novelty" yarn

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Kurt and Theresa said...

Why do you call it novelty yarn?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

It's a bit "wonky". That's why....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home