Saturday, March 03, 2007

An EZ-Bake Oven in my fridge

So, over the summer I bought one of those fancy pants "French Door" styled refrigerators, basically because the one I had was more of a cabinet then a cooling device. Once it was installed Tom noticed that they used two 60W appliance bulbs in it. Now this was just after changing out just about every light bulb in my home for Compact Fluorescent bulbs, so we were a bit sensitive to the use of incandescent bulbs.

If you do the math - I had the equivalent of an EZ-Bake Oven in my fridge. Heck an EZ-Bake Oven only used one 100W bulb so - I had an extra 20W MORE heat than that little oven - in my fridge.

Fast forward to last week.

I opened the fridge and the plastic diffuser over the light bulbs had MELTED. I had melted plastic IN MY FRIDGE! This is not right.

Since CF Bulbs really don't do well in cold quick turn-on environments - the other option was LED's. I have now replaced the 60W bulbs with 3W LED bulbs (from Super Bright LEDs very fast shipping, also reasonably priced). The light is much dimmer but who needs the equivalent of the sun in their fridge just to see if you are out of milk?

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous My Horizon Home said...

Subsequently, after spending many hours on the internet at last We have uncovered an individual that definitely does know what they are discussing many thanks a great deal wonderful post.My Horizon Home

 

Post a Comment

<< Home