Sunday, March 04, 2007

Socks That Rock - Monsoon

Socks That Rock - Monsoon

I joined the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club this year. Not only is it the first time I have *ever* been in a sock club, but it is the first time I have knitted with Socks That Rock.

From this perspective - let me say that this yarn is gorgeous and the pattern interesting. Heck I have never done a toe up sock before this as well.

:)

Lovely!

Laurie

PS - I used size 0 for the foot and size 1 for the cuff, looks like I hit the sweet spot in the cuff as you can see by the really nice striping.

5 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Michelle B said...

Wow you are fast! Gorgeous sock!!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Kurt and Theresa said...

Cool!!!! I would love a pair :-) I wore my red/grey socks today and received TONS of compliments! Thanks :-)

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad I'm not the only one with issues re FO I won't wear. The upside is that half my holiday knitting for my sisters is done!

I joined STR Club for the first time this year also. Love the yarn and pattern. You are really fast! I'm still stressing over size/gauge because I also have sizing issues.

Do you mind me asking what size shoe you wear and how the sock fits? I can't decide what size needles to use and would love to get these started today.

Linda

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Linda,

Thanks for the complement. I am planning on writing up a post on the STR sock construction *gotchas* that I found, but was waiting until this weekend :)

I wear a size 7 wide shoe, with a high arch. So I knit the sole (including the toe and heel) using a size 0 needle and really focused on knitting tightly. Because of the cables in the cuff - I used a size 1 needle (athough a size 2 would have been better) and knit loosely. I have found that it is a bit of a squeeze to get my foot into the sock - but, it fits nicely once it is on.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Laurie. I wear a size 9 and plan to use #1 for toe and heel, 0 for foot, and 2 for leg. I'll keep an eye out for your post on STR blog. Have a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home