Monday, January 15, 2007

Google Email for your domain

Over the weekend several things happened:
  1. I discovered that I forgot to pay for my email hosting. The notification was sent to an address I no longer use. For future reference, set up the email to be something that you actually check, or you might find yourself with no email.
  2. So, I was blindly going to pay to get my email working again. But, it costs $128 per year, ouch.
Then an epiphany, I could move my domain to Google email and use that - I wonder... They offer catchall email addresses, they are (currently) not evil and it would not cost me anything...

So, my domain got moved over - we shall see how good gmail is, I have my fingers crossed.

BTW the only really *scary* part was the updating the MX records so that the email went over to Google. I found that rather disconcerting, though it works (so far).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home