Sunday, April 09, 2006

Jack's Aran Cardigan from "Men in Knits"

Current work in progress - This is the center back of the sweater.

Here is what it should look like when done: KnitPicks

Looks great - bad picture but the knitting looks good - eh? So here is a lesson that I just don't seem to learn. If I knit a project from a published pattern, I will usually try to make a copy of that pattern thereby keep the original "nice". The problem is that 10 times out of 10 I will mis-type something (yes I usually type the directions again, don't ask) and inevitably it happened with the sweater. I typed out the cable pattern so that I could annotate it and keep a small copy in my knitting bag. After checking it 3 times, it was printed and I started to use it. On the second pattern repeat things started to look - well - wrong. See the right angled diagonal lines? Well in my pattern copy I messed it up and they didn't weave under the left angled lines as you see in the picture.

Needless to say, with the amount of ripping I have done - I could have half the back completed already. Hrmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home